Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another update!


Yesterday in the harbour the Black Brant was feeding in front of the hide and a Purple Sandpiper was initialy accompanying the Turnstones on the Little Lagoon before later flying to the beach.

Today, after viewing a long stay Scaup on Drayton Pit south of Chichester I returned to the North Wall to look for 3 reported Garganey. I found a superb male bird feeding with the Teal on the Breech Pool and learnt that I had just missed a Swallow!

The weather is superb...if only it could stay like this for the next three months!

Oh yes, and I dropped into the 'secret' Hawfinch location on my return from Worthing this morning and had a fleeting view of a male bird and managed to photograph a Nuthatch.

No comments: