Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A tinge of excitement!

Dartford Warbler
As I made my way to the hide this morning at 7.45am I suddenly became aware of a small bird at the foot of a gorse bush. It disappeared and then I heard a very short 'churrrr' and suddenly there it was ...a Dartford Warbler scuttling about well inside the bush. I grabbed the camera, took a couple of hasty shots and then the dreaded message appeared on the screen 'card full'. Immediately panic took over and I fumbled for another card which I also hadn't deleted and that too was full. By the time I had sorted myself out the bird was on top of the bush and I grabbed 2 shots before it disappeared...and I did'nt see it again!

A couple of Yellow Wagtails flew west and one of them settled very briefly on the shingle. Several have been passing over during last week and early this.

A new sign has been erected adjacent to the Lagoon explaining the attraction of brackish water and showing some of the birds to be expected particularly in the winter....very smart it is too!! Click on the image to read it...I dont know why it has shot off the side of page!     

               Click to read     


















No comments: