Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I looked out this morning to see a splendid male Sparrowhawk on the winch...it stayed a few minutes before making a dash to the front of the bungalow where it normally snatches a breakfast! I could not confirm whether it was successful!

Later in the morning I made my way to Summer Lane and sample the delights of the local sewage treatment works...this is a real magnet for Pied Wagtails (c50) and Meadow Pipits (c20) and a pair of superb Grey Wagtails and a Chiffchaff.  In the fields beyond I picked out the long staying Whooper Swans when, as I did so a huge flock of Brents came in from the harbour and landed in an adjacent field....there must have been 2000+.


As this week it is school half term, I took my grandaughter to Pulborough Brooks yesterday and had superb close up views of the Water Rail from the centre window and later watched the resident Bullfinches





No comments: