Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

YELLOW BROWED WARBLER IN WORTHING!

Having received an email from Dave Potts last night telling me the Yellow Browed was a 'cinch' I made my way in the mist and gloom arriving at the site in Worthimg town at 8.00am. Maybe it was a 'cinch' to see and hear it but photographing it was quite a different matter! The light was dreadful, the bird was constantly on the move and near impossible to track in the bushes as it flitted hither and thither. After an interesting hour I got a few record shots and here are some... for what they worth! Pretty noisy and colourless due to the high ISO, but  they do show the main ID markings on the wings etc.









I returned later in the day when the light had improved but the bird was very elusive and I only got 2 or 3 shots which don't show the wing markings etc.
However I have put it on my flickr site   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pagman/

No comments: