Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, May 25, 2012

A 2 Day Dorset break.

Have just returned from a very quick visit to Dorset. A visit to RSPB Arne did not prove very productive and although Tree Pipit was seen it was not photographable! Dartford Warblers did not even show themselves1

However, day 2 to Brownsea Island was altogether difeerent and whilst I decided not to hump 8lbs of glass around with me the 100/400mm just about sufficed. It was VERY hot so I had mixed feelings when I chanced upon a Nightjar.

 Here is a taster but dappled light and heat haze did nothing to enhance my record shots!



Big yawn!! It just shows the catching ability of this crepuscular  species
The terns were nesting on the island in very close proximity and this was causing constant border disputes.



...but there were times of serenity

Sandwich Tern...not at war!


...and then there were other residents or should I say 'the staff'.



...a pleasant couple of days in a different county.

No comments: