Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Autumn is a-coming.

Having been to Gatwick and back by 5.45am I was under no illusion that the it was late summer/early Autumn. The heavy dew and the early morning fragrance just shouted Autumn. As I wandered along  to the Spit hide, 'my' first three returning Wheatear were feeding  in the 'old' car park and the gorse held several Willow Warblers and Chiffchaff  ; a couple of Swifts sped overhead heading westwards and then a flurry of Sand Martins. During the day the Buddleias were covered in Red Admirals, Peacocks and several Painted Ladies. A Curlew Sandpiper turned up in Whites Creek today, so  I'm told, so waders are on the move!
Painted Lady

                              

Peaceful evening scene....from beach to new spit

  I like Autumn!

No comments: