Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

After a wet morning I ventured out onto the Spit and found a Stonechat on the metalwork of the 'old' harbour entrance and  as I only had my compact with me, got a shot  'just for the record'! A couple of Wheatears were present on the track from the old car park and as I was watching the high tide, a couple more turned up on the beach. On the off shore spit there were half a dozen Med Gulls alongside the Turnstones.


Talking about the high tide the sea was pounding in and eating ever closer to the beach bungalows!

A worrying scene
....but there is better news and I understand that work is soon to begin on installing the rock revetment and I noticed that the yacht club car park had being caged off and a vehicle had just unloaded several  rolls of heavy duty liner.

This looks hopeful...at last!!
On walking back along the beach I was interested to see a bungalow is being demolished but the original railway coaches have been exposed and will hopefully be preserved...shame the exterior windows have been replaced.



Although this is strictly a blog about the birds of Pagham Spit I will include photographs of the ongoing work relating to the  beach erosion protection as I believe it will be interesting as and when it occurs....so watch this space!

No comments: