Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Friday, February 26, 2016

A visit to Warnham.

Having noted that a male Brambling had been photographed at this local Nature Reserve, yesterday I headed out on a bright sunny morning full of anticipation of getting a good close up shot. However I waited and waited and waited but I was not even rewarded with a fleeting glimpse of the bird let alone a photo! Most of the other usual birds were present but Redpolls were conspicuous by their absence and numbers of other species were well down on my previous visits last year. However here are a few shots of some of the birds present.

Siskins...





Tits...
Great...  
Blue...

Long Tailed...

Nuthatch....a real poser!


A quizzical look!










Song Thrush
 On the lake...
Great Crested Grebe

Tufted Duck....being silly!
Heron....a balancing act?

I'm off!

I don't care for 'birds on feeders' ...so here's just two I don't like!

Bullfinch (female) ...nice bird though!

Male Siskin
On the way home I stopped at Arundel WWT to get a better photo of the Firecrest...it was present but, as ever, flitting at great pace through the bushes and at a great distance...impossible bird!

A Goldfinch was much more obliging!
What a cracking bird!!

No comments: