Top Paragraph

Pagham Birder: The Blog

A regular account of the birds seen mainly on and around Pagham Spit, the Lagoon and the North Wall plus other birding exploits from time to time.
Any news of interest regarding the ongoing erosion problems on Pagham Beach will, from now on, be shown on my other blog together with general beach photos.. Click on the link... Pagham Beach Blog on this page.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

My 'first' Wheatear.

After diligently searching my local patch (the Pagham Spit), I eventually tracked down my own Wheatear close to the hide. One was recorded yesterday by one observer but I failed to connect. It is always good to find your 'first'. I find the these early arrivals are always quite skittish and don't allow a close approach but here is distant shot. They are far more confiding during their return passage in late summer/autumn.

My first Wheatear....more than week later than previous years..cold North and Easterly winds have probably accounted for this.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful photo.